Monday, June 25, 2012

Preparations and News




Summer has been jammed packed with activities in preparation for the move to Abu Dhabi.  On Saturday, a small group of AD teachers gathered for a second meet and greet with their families at a drive-in theater for some camaraderie and Madagascar 3. We had much to discuss, especially after attending an ADEC Predeparture Webinar the day before. Now, we know that most of us, those who had all the authenticated paperwork completed and in before the May deadline, will be departing somewhere around August 8-12. Six more weeks, instead of 5 to get everything done... yea!


On the home front, the townhouse is almost completely packed, one of our two cars is sold, and some furniture has been sold. The townhouse has not rented yet, however, it is good to be able to stay in our house as long as possible. Much of the remaining summer will be spent visiting with our family and friends, and the three of us will finally have some time off together in July.


Even though I would like and did request that Fadi and Emile go with me to Abu Dhabi from the start, more than likely they will not join me for a month or more as suggested by Teach Away and ADEC. This is due not only to the fact that I will be going through medical exams, orientation, and getting setup in a new school, but I just learned I will be the one applying for their residence visas once I have arrived and received mine. Otherwise, they would go on tourist visas that are only valid for 30 days, and this could mean border runs to Oman to renew their visas. Thankfully, these two guys are willing to do whatever needs to be done!


For now, I will keep moving forward with the things that need to get done,and wait to receive my itinerary and ticket which will be the next time I blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment